BOLDSTOK DREAM HOMES COLLECTIVE AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHY SKILLS CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The Contest is sponsored by BoldStok Ltd. (the “Sponsor”) with an address at 2204 – 6 Street NE, Calgary, AB T2E 3Z1. 1. CONTEST OVERVIEW: The Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) on April 27, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. MT on October 22, 2019 or at any time after 100,000 Purchase Entries have been received, whichever is earlier (the “Contest Period”). This is a skill-based photography Contest. This paragraph is a summary only and the official rules described below govern. There is no purchase required to entry, but see Section 3 below. Odds of winning will depend on the number of entries received and on your own skills in submitting Photos. The prizes consist of a first place prize for a single home, currently subject to a tenancy agreement until March 30, 2020, with an approximate fair market value of CDN$2,980,000 and three runner up cash prizes of CDN$50,000 (collectively the “Prizes”). This Contest is only open to those of the legal age of majority in Canada (excluding Quebec). The Winner and Runners-Up will be responsible for all costs associated with receiving the Prizes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: MUST NOT BE A MINOR, MUST RESIDE IN CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) TO ENTER. To be eligible to enter and win the Prizes in this Contest, an individual must reside within Canada (excluding Quebec) and be a citizen, a permanent resident, or otherwise have the necessary immigration status in order to own property in Canada. Furthermore, you must have achieved the age of majority in the province or territory in which you reside. Minors may not participate. Age of majority may differ depending on province of residence. It is an entrant’s responsibility to verify the age of majority where they reside.
The Contest is an amateur photography skills contest and is only open to amateur photographers. Professional photographers are not eligible to enter. Individuals who engage in the business or an adventure or concern in the nature of trade of photography are not eligible to enter the contest. The Sponsor reserves its right, in its sole and absolute discretion to reject any entrants that are not amateur photographers.
An individual is not eligible to enter or win if he/she is: (a) a director, officer or employee of the Sponsor or a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the above persons, or (b) a person selected by the Sponsor to be a judge of the Contest or a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of such person.
3. ENTRY: There are two ways to enter the Contest: (a.)with purchase or (b.) without purchase:
a. To enter with purchase, an entrant must submit the following (each a “Purchase Entry”):
ii. A photograph of your pet must be uploaded, which must be a clear visual of only your pet, and must comply with requirements in Section 4 (the “Photo”). For clarity, any submissions containing humans in the Photo will not be eligible for the Contest and will be disqualified. Payment will be returned to the entrant for any photos that do not meet the requirements. The entry must contain your pet’s name and your full name, email address, and address.
An entrant will not be eligible for the Contest until the Sponsor has received both the Payment and the Photo. Upon receipt of both the Payment and Photo the Sponsor will provide an email confirmation confirming entry into the Contest and an electronic copy of these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”).
Should a refund of entry fees become necessary, all entry fees will be returned to each entrant less an administration fee of 8%, reflecting our administrative costs to facilitate the Entry submission process associated legal fees, payment processing fees and any additional costs incurred to return the Payment (a “Refund”).
b. To enter without purchase, an entrant must submit the following (each a “No-Purchase Entry”):
i. A written essay of at least 1,000 words on the topic of “How would you and your pet live in your debt free dream home” to email@example.com. The essay must be an original essay written by the entrant in English that speaks to the topic in an intelligible, (the “Essay”); and
ii. A Photo sent firstname.lastname@example.org (for greater clarity, the Photo must be a clear visual of only your pet, and must comply with the requirements in Section 4. Any submissions containing humans in the Photo will not be eligible for the Contest and will be disqualified). The email must contain your pet’s name and your full name, phone number, email address, and address.
An entrant will not be eligible for the Contest until the Sponsor has received both the Essay and the Photo. Upon receipt of both the Essay and Photo the Sponsor will provide an email confirmation confirming entry into the Contest and an electronic copy of these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”). To be clear, the Essay has no value to the Sponsor, but instead will be gratuitously provided to the charities to which the Donation will be made (see Section 5 below).
Entrants may enter the Contest as often as they wish during the Contest Period; however, each Purchase Entry and each No-Purchase Entry (each an “Entry”) must be accompanied by separate entry information (name, telephone number, address etc.), a separate Payment or unique Essay, and a unique Photo. All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
Standard data rates or internet charges apply to all participants. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before participation through any internet service.
4. GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Include the name of the pet and an optional caption.
• No human or human parts should appear in the photo.
• Simple enhancement, such as color corrections, are permitted.
• No elements may be added or removed from original image.
• More than one pet in the photo is permitted.
• No wildlife.
• Winning pet(s) must be shown in order to claim prize.
• Photo submitted must be up to 9MB in size.
• One photo per entry (unlimited entries per person/pet).
• The image must not have been used in any commercial endeavours or been paid for or published.
• Photos of deceased pets are permitted. Proof of pet with vet records or previous photos must be provided if requested.
• (1) Semi-finalist every (1,000) entries will be chosen by professional photographers.
• Finalists are chosen by a non-profit board of directors.
Enter and re-enter whenever you like because the odds are the same at any point in the contest.
5. PRIZES: The first place prize in the Contest is the legal and beneficial title to the house and lands legally and municipally described in the attached Schedule “A” (subject to all easements, encumbrances and interests noted on Schedule “A”) located at 1420 Prospect Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2T 0X6 and subject to a residential tenancy agreement until March 31, 2020 (the “Lease”). The Sponsor will transfer the Prize to the confirmed winner of the Contest (the “Winner”), and to be clear this is not a cash prize but instead title to lands and the house situated thereupon without furnishings and with the following fixtures and fittings, all of which are “as-is” condition and without warranty whatsoever (the house and lands described in Schedule “A” together with the fixtures and fittings below noted, (the “House”): dishwasher (built-in), dryer, fan-ceiling, garage control, garage opener, oven (built-in), refrigerator, stove-countertop electric, stove-countertop gas, washer, window coverings-all, wine/beverage cooler, fireplace, and in-floor heat. Additional details about the House are available here: BoldStok.com
The House has been evaluated by an independent professional and its value has been determined to be $2,980,000 CAD. There are no liens, taxes, or debts associated with the House. The House is non-transferrable, must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted for cash or otherwise. The Winner may need to sign additional documents to legally transfer the House from the Sponsor to the Winner (and will be responsible for all costs thereof). Upon transfer of the House to the Winner of the Contest, the Winner will be responsible for all taxes, fees, and incidental costs associated with the transfer of the House, including but not limited to legal fees, property transfer tax and sales taxes. Upon transfer and receipt of the House, the Winner is responsible for all future costs associated with enjoyment of the use of the House.
The House is awarded “as is” and “as-available” with no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, being provided by Sponsor or any other person. Sponsor makes no representation, and disclaims and offers no warranty or condition, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of the House awarded in connection with the Contest.
The Lease is for a term of 12 months ending on March 31, 2020 entitling the Winner to a monthly payment of $4,475 less any maintenance expenses and management fees. A property management company shall manage the Lease on behalf of the Winner until the completion of the term.
The second, third and fourth place contestants (the “Runners –Up”) will each be awarded a cash prize of $50,000.
Upon successful completion of the Contest Period, $100,000 CAD will be donated to one Alberta registered charities of the Sponsor’s choice (the “Donation”). If for any reason the Contest is cancelled, the Sponsor is under no obligation to make the Donation.
6. CONTEST WINNER: Every Entry received during the Contest Period will be numbered and catalogued by the Sponsor or a representative thereof. After every 1,000 Purchase Entries received, all Entries received at that time will be evaluated by a professional photographer and one Entry will be selected as a finalist for a panel of judges (the “Final Entries”). After completion of the Contest Period the panel of judges will evaluate the Final Entries and select 1 Entry as the contest winner and 3 Entries as the second, third and fourth place runners - up. The Photos will be evaluated by the professional photographer and the panel of judges on the following criteria (the “Judging Criteria”):
a. CREATIVITY: creativity speaks directly to your imagination and innovation in how you deliver the message or thought to the viewer.
b. IMPACT: a powerful image will evoke some kind of inner good feeling or uplifting thought process.
c. GRAY SCALE / COLOUR BALANCE: can bring harmony to a photo. Do the tones work together, effectively supporting the image, which can increase emotional appeal to the viewer? Black and white photos can be every bit as powerful as colour.
d. LIGHTING: the use of light shows dimensions and shape, thereby having an affect on every aspect of an image.
e. STORY TELLING: the photo image can affect the viewer’s imagination and bring up a story. What story does the entrant wish to awake in the viewer’s imagination?
f. STYLE / TECHNIQUE: how the entrant is able to showcase their personal originality to influence how the image is presented and interpreted.
g. TECHNICAL EXCELLENCE: artistic merit, design and quality of submission. Composition, Focus, and Level of detail.
In addition to the above criteria, the judges will also be considering the following:
1. Did the entrant follow the Rules (including but not limited to the requirements in Section 4).
2. Judges will receive an explanation of Judging Criteria and Sponsor’s intent.
Notification will be sent by or on behalf of the Sponsor to the selected entrants via email no later than 14 days after the completion of the Contest Period (the “Winner’s Notification”). The selected entrants must accept their respective Prizes in writing by email no later than 7 days after receipt of the Winner’s Notification and be able to take possession of the Prize within 30 days from the date of receipt of the selected entrant’s acceptance by the Sponsor.
An extension of up to an additional 15 days may be granted to the selected first place entrant to facilitate their transition to Calgary, only after the selected first place entrant has accepted the House and has given a written notice asking for a time extension. This extension remains at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Chances of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
If the selected entrant cannot be contacted or is unable or unwilling to take possession of their respective Prize, he/she must notify the Sponsor in writing by registered mail or courier no later than 7 days after the receipt of the Winner’s Notification. Said selected entrant may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to their respective Prize and to refund of the entry fee (if one has been paid)) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select the next highest scoring Entry (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant). This process will continue until a Winner or Runner - Up has been confirmed and takes possession of the Prize, or there are no more eligible entrants, whichever comes first.
BEFORE BEING DECLARED THE CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER OR RUNNER UP, the selected entrant will also be required to: (a) sign the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, contractors, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims or action of any kind whatsoever for injuries (including death), damages or losses to persons (including the entrant) and property that may be sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with this Contest or in connection with the submission of the Entry, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding of the Prize and (b) establish to the Sponsor’s reasonable satisfaction that the selected entrant and the pet photographed in the winning Photo have or have had a direct, in-person, two-way interaction and it would be reasonable to conclude that the two have a connection, taking into consideration any relevant factors such as ownership, relationship between selected entrant and pet’s owner, the frequency of interactions, photographic history and the demeanour of the pet to the selected entrant.
If the selected entrant: (a.1) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (b.1) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize as awarded for any reason; and/or (c.1) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion to select the next highest scoring Entry from among the remaining eligible entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant).
7. GENERAL: All Entries become the property of the Sponsor. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entries and/or entrants. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules. ANYONE DETERMINED TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to withdraw, amend or suspend or cancel this Contest (or to amend these Rules) without prior notice or obligation in any way and for any reason or without reason, including but not limited to in the event of:
• tampering, error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, receipt of no eligible entries or an insufficient number of eligible entries or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest (and ay attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law; • any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever; • circumstances which render the Contest impossible, illegal, unconscionable, impractical to administer; or commercially unreasonable to operate in accordance with these Rules.
FOR GREATER CLARITY, CANCELLING OR SUSPENDING THE CONTEST DOES NOT CONSTITUTE THE COMPLETION OF THE CONTEST PERIOD.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials; the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (ii) the failure of any entry to be received, captured or recorded for any reason, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iii) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; and/or (iv) any combination of the above. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. An online entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail account associated with the entry in question.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsor in connection with the promotion will be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Alberta and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law principles that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. Sponsor each entrant hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Alberta in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Rules or relating to this promotion, unless this would not be allowed by applicable law.
1420 Prospect Ave. SW, Calgary, Alberta T2T 0X6
We kindly ask that you respect the privacy of the current tenants. Please do not disturb.
PLAN 1739JK BLOCK 51 LOT 7 EXCEPTING THEREOUT ALL MINES AND MINERALS
P e r m i t t e d Encumbrances:
1. Implied conditions under Section 61 of the Land Titles Act (Alberta); 2. All additional easements and rights-of-way required by a supplier of utilities to the lands and improvements thereon, including, without limitation, registered easements to public utilities required for the supply of domestic utility services to the lands; 3. Any encumbrance or registration attributable to the Winner; 4. Non-financial obligations on title such as easements, utility rightsof-way, covenants and conditions that are normally found registered against a property of this nature; and 5. The following specific encumbrances:
"JUDGE'S ORDER" RESTRICTIVE COVENANT
141 288 475
CAVEAT RE: ENCROACHMENT AGREEMENT PURSUANT TO MUNICIPAL GOVERNMENT ACT. CAVEATOR - THE CITY OF CALGARY.