GENERAL: • Include the name of the pet and an optional caption. • No human or human parts should appear in the photo. • Simple enhancement, such as color corrections, are permitted. • No elements may be added or removed from original image. • More than one pet in the photo is permitted. • No wildlife. • Photo submitted must less than 9MB in size. • One photo per entry (unlimited entries per person/pet). • The image must not have been used in any commercial endeavours or been paid for or published. • Proof of pet with vet records or previous photos must be provided if requested. Photos of deceased pets are permitted. • (1) Semi-finalist every (1,000) entries will be chosen by professional photographers. • Finalists are chosen by a non-profit board of directors.
Enter and re-enter whenever you like because the odds are the same at any point in the contest.
1. CREATIVITY: creativity speaks directly to your imagination and innovation in how you deliver the message or thought to the viewer.
2. IMPACT: a powerful image will evoke some kind of inner good feeling or uplifting thought process.
3. GRAY SCALE / COLOUR BALANCE: can bring harmony to a photo. Do the tones work together, effectively supporting the image, which can increase emotional appeal to the viewer? Black and white photos can be every bit as powerful as colour.
4. LIGHTING: the use of light shows dimensions and shape, thereby having an affect on every aspect of an image.
5. STORY TELLING: the photo image can affect the viewer’s imagination and bring up a story. What story does the entrant wish to awake in the viewer’s imagination?
6. STYLE / TECHNIQUE: how the entrant is able to showcase their personal originality to influence how the image is presented and interpreted.
7. TECHNICAL EXCELLENCE: artistic merit, design and quality of submission. Composition, Focus, and Level of detail.